Re: The right way to automatically load kernel module sg.o

StarQuake wrote:
Paul Howarth wrote:

StarQuake wrote:

Paul Howarth wrote:

StarQuake wrote:

What is The Right Way(TM) to automatically load the kernel module sg?

It somehow feels wrong to put a 'modprobe sg' in /etc/rc.local

On FC4, I use a script /etc/sysconfig/modules/scanner.modules that contains:

* snip *

Paul.

So there is no modules.autoload file or something?

No, there isn't.

The "traditional" way was to put something in /etc/rc.modules but that's deprecated now.

Paul.

Oh I forgot, it's FC3, so it will be /etc/rc.local then I guess

Thanks anyway

You could use rc.modules or rc.local. If you use rc.modules it'll be loaded before most services start, whereas if you put it in rc.local it'll be loaded after most services start.

Paul.