Blacklist & Whilelist IP's from server?

Greeting All,

I have a Fedora 3 server up and running and I have noticed various IP's in my logs trying to hack SSH, APACHE, or email for example and even though I am running the built-in firewall through the "setup" program, I would like to know if there is some additional application that I can add that I can blacklist, and whilelist IP from connecting to my server at all?

I am sure that there is something out there, but not sure what you might recommend?

Thanks all,
Lonnie