Re: nscd is crashing

On Tue, 2 Aug 2005, Robin Mordasiewicz wrote:
On Tue, 2 Aug 2005, Ulrich Drepper wrote:
Robin Mordasiewicz wrote:
I am using fedora core 4 x86_64 and this mornign nscd is crashing with
the following error.

There are definitely issues with the ldap module.  If I'd have the time
this would be the first to be rewritten since it causes no end of problems.

These problems are increased because of the persistent cache..  If a
crash happens at the wrong time the cache is inconsistent.  We currently
have no checks for this and therefore nscd might crash right away again.

So, remove the cache files in /var/db/nscd/ and restart.  We'll have
something to do this automatically (or at least ignore broken files) in
future.

woo-hoo, thanks. Deleting the cache and restarting worked.
I will add this to a maintenance routine.

logging in via ssh now does work, but while trying to join a windows computer to a samba domain now makes it crash.

This is the resuilts of "nscd -d" while trying to join a comuter to the domain.

[root@pdc nscd]# nscd -d
9451: handle_request: request received (Version = 2) from PID 9477
9451:   SHUTDOWN