Re: Soundcard

BRUCE STANLEY skrev:

--- Bob Chiodini <rchiodin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Mon, 2005-08-01 at 21:54 +0200, Marcus Zingmark wrote:
Kam Leo wrote:

On 8/1/05, Marcus Zingmark <blackline@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Dotan Cohen wrote:

On 8/1/05, Marcus Zingmark <blackline@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi!

Got Fedora Core 4 installed since yesterday and getting to know it
better hour for hour.

I have problem with my Soundcard and I'm quite sure it's software
related cause it works well under Windows. The thing is that I have
sound and all but it's a buzzing sound that's quite annoying that have
not been there before. The buzz disapears if I pause the track so it
does not seem to be related to the cables/speakers.

Linux had no trouble finding my sound device but I'm a bit confused by
the name cause the soundcard detector says: "Ensoniq 5880 AudioPCI" and
I'm quite sure I have Creative Labs Soundblaster 128PCI. Can this be a
driver issue?

Would be very tankeful for help with this issue, and keep it simple
cause I'm really a newbie ;)

/// Marcus

Might your motherboard also have built-in sound? Which MB do you have?

Dotan
http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/artist_albums/214/gaynor_gloria.php
Gaynor, Gloria Song Lyrics

No, no inbuilt. megabyte?

/// Marcus

Open volume control.  Mute microphone and line-in if these inputs are
unused.

They are down to bottom. But to my main question. Do I have the right driver if the detector says "Ensoniq 5880 AudioPCI" when I have Soundblaster 128PCI?

Marcus,

More than likely you do.  Per google hits and the alsa website some 128
PCI Soundblasters use the Ensoniq chipset.  1371 or something like that.

There is another, unresolved, thread concerning distortion with the
Ensoniq based sound card originated by William Case.  Possibly you have
the same problem.

Bob...

If you sound is distorted, check the kmix setting for the IEC958 option.
If it is turned on,  turn it off (mute it).

I had distorted sound problems with FC4 with this option turned on.

Thanks Bruce, that did it. I no longer have distorted sound. Terrific :D