Re: (OT) Bit Torrent usage ...

Mike McCarty wrote:

As I said, my ADSL modem reports downstream connectivity at
894 Kbps or so. That corresponds to 110 KBps or so. I'm
actually getting 60-70 KBps download rate. That's pretty
much saturation, I think. I don't see how using more than
one source would increase the download rate, when my modem
is already just about saturated.

You're right. It wouldn't. If your downlink is already saturated, then it won't change your download speeds.

For me, it's rarely faster than a single, uninterrupted, server available download.

--rich