Re: Soundcard

Kam Leo wrote:

On 8/1/05, Marcus Zingmark <blackline@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dotan Cohen wrote:

On 8/1/05, Marcus Zingmark <blackline@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi!

Got Fedora Core 4 installed since yesterday and getting to know it
better hour for hour.

I have problem with my Soundcard and I'm quite sure it's software
related cause it works well under Windows. The thing is that I have
sound and all but it's a buzzing sound that's quite annoying that have
not been there before. The buzz disapears if I pause the track so it
does not seem to be related to the cables/speakers.

Linux had no trouble finding my sound device but I'm a bit confused by
the name cause the soundcard detector says: "Ensoniq 5880 AudioPCI" and
I'm quite sure I have Creative Labs Soundblaster 128PCI. Can this be a
driver issue?

Would be very tankeful for help with this issue, and keep it simple
cause I'm really a newbie ;)

/// Marcus

Might your motherboard also have built-in sound? Which MB do you have?

Dotan
http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/artist_albums/214/gaynor_gloria.php
Gaynor, Gloria Song Lyrics

No, no inbuilt. megabyte?

/// Marcus

Open volume control.  Mute microphone and line-in if these inputs are unused.

They are down to bottom. But to my main question. Do I have the right driver if the detector says "Ensoniq 5880 AudioPCI" when I have Soundblaster 128PCI?