Re: User has computer locked

Stanley Davis wrote:

In FC4 entering root password does work.

However, I tried all methods listed and I do not
know the command to get out of the virtual consol. I had to issue the reboot command.
I don't understand what your problem is at this
point.
Are you saying you tried CTRL-ALT-F2 and couldn't
get
a login prompt?

No I got the login prompt and I logged in as root. I then issued the pkill xscreensaver command. I just
don't know how to get out of the virtual consol, exit
does not do it.
When you issue the exit command (logout works too) you are returned to a login prompt yes? After that just press ctrl-alt F7 to get to the screen that was locked (you could try F8-F12 if F7 doesn't do it.

Scott