Re: WARNING:DO NOT UPGRADE TO CORE 4

At 2:45 PM +0100 7/29/05, Timothy Murphy wrote:

>>> You must have lots of spare time on your hands.
>>>

>> No, not really. Using diff and other command line 'filters',
>> it doesn't take too long to find necessary changes.
>
>I see that I have 325 files in .kde/share/config/ alone ,
>many if not most of which are presumably altered when using a system
>for a long time.
>Do you really go through all these
>each time a new version of Fedora comes out?
>
>As I said, you must have lots of free time.

No, he doesn't, or it wouldn't have taken him so long to respond.  He's
just a more able *nix user than you or I, and uses the commands to batch
the process.  He doesn't have to do anything with the files that turn out
to have no differences.  Files that have differences need consideration,
and some of them must be merged, but that is by far the fastest way to keep
one's old settings and still have the new system function properly.  The
whole process probably takes him less than an hour, while ignoring the
issue would lead to debugging it over a period of months, taking up days of
time, at least.