Re: FC4 Installation problem

Bisi wrote:

 I did not run the interactive system-config-display tool. How do I
 run that? Which command do I invoke to run the interactive tool? When
 you ran the interactive tool, did it resolve the 'Permission denied'
 problem?

I ran from a root terminal "system-config-display" to configure X. I was not prompted for a password. The password prompt that you get when running kudzu seems to be coming from another source. Kudzu is setup to do hardware detection without user intervention now. I would say that kudzu is broken when asking for the root password then denying even when the correct password is entered.

I had a few messages, but s-c-display worked as expected when run from a root terminal.

Jim