Re: FTP Timeout Issues

Hi Everyone,
I have a Redhat Fedora Core 2 server that is having FTP timeout
issues.The server is running the latest CPANEL/WHM and I am having this
issue with both PureFTP and ProFTP.
Basically what happens is I begin to upload (only uploading, not
downloading) a file and about 1-2MB in the server gives this error
DATE - TIME server pure-ftpd: (useracct X X X X) [INFO] Timeout (no new
data for 900 seconds)

Hi,

i had those timeouts too, this was on my side concerning the missing
ip_conntrack_ftp-module.

lsmod should show something like:

ip_conntrack           41497  2 ip_conntrack_ftp,ipt_state
..whilst ip_conntrack_ftp is important, in this case it is loaded.

do you have the ip_conntrack_ftp module loaded? if no, insert this in
/etc/sysconfig/iptables-config: IPTABLES_MODULES="ip_conntrack_ftp"

or try first with modprobe ip_conntrack_ftp

HTH
Roger

Maaaaaate.. If you are ever in Australia.. and you are coming to sydney..
drop me a line because I owe you a beeeer...
NOOne on the net had this answer and I mean NOONE!!!
You are the best.
I have a little bit more testing to do, however I just had a full file
upload for the first time ever.
But truly.. thanks man it is highly appreciated.
Kind Regards
Stuart