Re: Wireless: Netgear WG511T and FC4

If I issue a /sbin/lspci command I have my Ethernet card there as:
Atheros Communications AR5212 801.11abg NIC

Now, how can I set it up?

Thanks in advance,
C.F.

C.F. Scheidecker Antunes wrote:
Thanks Scot,

I guess my second question would be:
How do I set it up then?

Thanks!

C.F.

Scot L. Harris wrote:
On Wed, 2005-07-27 at 17:47, C.F. Scheidecker Antunes wrote:

Hello all,

I've upgraded my notebook for FC4 and before I had FC3 I did install
prism54 driver for the 2.6.something kernel and had my wireless working.
I see that the version of the kernel I have in my FC4 is newer than the
one I had with the prism54 driver. Hence I wonder what would you suggest
to fix this situation? How can I enabled wirelles again on my notebook?

Any other drivers that I could use with this card?

Any ideas?

It is my understanding that the prism54 driver is part of the FC4 kernel
now.  You may need to get the firmware for the chip set installed.  Once
that is done in theory you should be able to get wireless going again.