Re: SHRED for EXT3?

Ok, now that I understand the specifics of you situation, I would recommend that you move your data to an external disk. Then boot the computer with Knoppix or a rescue cd. shred -vx /dev/hda (or what ever your disk is called ) Now this will blow away everything, OS, and partition table included, but you can be pretty sure the data is gone.

Ezra Nugroho wrote:

A little more information:

I am doing contract work at home on my own computer. I have
transferred files containing trade secrets (source code)
to it. My contract states that at the end of the contract,
I must return all copies of their trade secrets, and all
equipment belonging to them, and "permanently eradicate"
all copies of their trade secrets which I possess but do
not return.

I don't want to take a hammer to my own disc, thank you.

Now, we are on very good terms, and I don't anticipate having
to take any action soon. But I would like to be prepared.
--
Michael Yep
Development / Technical Operations