cannot sync palm pilot (treo 600)

Hi list;

I have a treo 600. I'm using kpilot (via KDE of course). I can get the hot
sync to recognize the device however the kpilot daemon crashes every time I
hot sync within seconds of starting.

I saw a previous post suggesting that I revert back to the older pilot-sync
and I did install the older rpm with --force but I cannot un-install the new
version due to too many dependancies on it. So even though the older rpm was
installed the crash still occured although I suspect that the tool was still
using the new pilot-link.

Anyone know how to fix this?