Re: dependancies

Ted Gervais wrote:
I am trying to do an update using YUM and I get the following message..

gnome-panel-2.10.1-10.2.i 100% |=========================|  76 kB
00:00
---> Package gnome-panel.i386 0:2.10.1-10.2 set to be updated
--> Running transaction check
--> Processing Dependency: mozilla = 37:1.7.8 for package: galeon
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Missing Dependency: mozilla = 37:1.7.8 is needed by package
galeon

What do I have to do to get by this?

Do I have to update mozilla?  I have asked YUM to do this but no luck.
If I have to go out there somewhere to get mozilla, where is the best
place to get it?
Bottom line - what do I have to do to get passed this "Error"..

You have to either:
* wait for an updated galeon package to appear in Fedora Extras that is compatible with the updated mozilla packages (probably a day or two), or
* remove galeon from your system

If you're feeling particularly brave, you could:
# rpm -e galeon
# yum update
# rpm -Uvh http://buildsys.fedoraproject.org/logs/4/2-galeon-1.3.21-9.fc4/i386/galeon-1.3.21-9.fc4.i386.rpm

This galeon package has just been built for Fedora Extras but not yet signed or released, and may not actually get released if builds for other architectures fail.

Paul.