Re: Why script ip-down.local is doing nothing?

Parameshwara Bhat wrote:
Hello List,

I have created a script in ip-down.local as follows on the advice of Mr.Alexander Dalloz on the list,

[pbhat@sidharth ~]$ cat /etc/ppp/ip-down.local
DATE=$(date +"%Y.%m.%d %H:%M:%S")
# Format: date  time  onlinetime [s]  bytes send   bytes received
/bin/echo $DATE $CONNECT_TIME $BYTES_SENT $BYTES_RCVD >>/var/log/ppp-usage

I have also created an empty file in /var/log/ppp-usage.

Now I expected this file to be updated each time connection went down. This doesn't seem to be happening. This file remains empty.

If I issue command

/sbin/echo $CONNECT_TIME

I get nothing. What I am missing here?

It's probably an SELinux issue. Try doing:

# setsebool pppd_disable_trans 1

and see if it works. This should get fixed in a policy update sometime soon.

Paul.