Re: Boot Fedora Linux Faster..boot in under 25 seconds

I'd really like to see what the article has to say, but I'm having a problem loading your page. It seems your server is down, or having some kind of error. I'm sure other people would like to be able to read this too.

Hope you get up soon,
Justin

Wei-Yee Chan (Made in Chinar) wrote:

ImprovedSource writes "Everyone wants a quick boot time, from the
beginner user to the advanced user, this is a issue that bothers us all.
As Linux has advanced it has increasingly become slower to boot. I have
tested on my machine 4 Linux distributions: Linspire, Fedora 3 & 4, Suse
9.2 & 9.3, and Debian. And on average between all these distributions
Linux needs around a minute to 1 and half minutes to go from boot loader
to graphical login screen. So I decided to look into reducing the time
it takes to boot my current setup, which is Fedora 4. In doing so I was
able to reduce the boot time of my Fedora 4 installation to less than 25
seconds (just above 24 seconds on average). Below I have documented what
I did, and what you can use to potentially reduce your boot up time for
Linux."

Read More   http://www.improvedsource.com/content/view/13/2/