Re: List spam

Dotan Cohen wrote:
Then why doesn't the list manager just delete this guy's email address
form the list? I know that this has been mentioned in past Peter
discussions, and I have emailed fedora-list-owner@xxxxxxxxxx as
recommended on the mailing list homepage. So who is the list manager?
Surely some Redhat engineers drop by on the list and can get the
message to someone who can delete Peter. I'd even volunteer myself to
monitor the list and manage users like this. If Redhat would trust me
with the keys, of course.

This guy's email address can't just be deleted from the list because *we don't know what address of his is on the list*. Some address on this list is forwarding to peter.whalley@xxxxxxxxxx but the address peter.whalley@xxxxxxxxxx itself is not on the list. It might be easier to tell if the challenge-spam actually included the Received: headers of the message it was challenging, but it doesn't.

To find the offending address, the list manager would have to send individual messages to each list subscriber and find out which one resulted in a challenge.

Paul.