Re: system-config-display problem

Paul Howarth wrote:

On Tue, 2005-07-26 at 00:37 -0700, Frank Chen top-posted:
After entering root password, it says authentication
failure and won't continue.

Try booting in single-user mode (in the grub menu, press "a" and add "
1" to the end of the kernel line, then boot up). You should get logged
in as root. Enter "chkconfig kudzu off" to turn off kudzu. Then reboot
and see if you get any further. I suspect that you may have bigger
problems if your root login isn't working though.

P.S. Please don't top-post on this mailing list (see
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MailingListRules#replying).

Paul.
I've seen this error also with development and others have mentioned it on the list. I got this prompt when manually running kudzu. It asks for root password in a loop but continues after not accepting the password through about three loops. There is probably a bug report filed for this bug. It acts like gdm does when it tries to start without a config file for X. I guess it is a gdm error of some kind. root password works correctly for other aspects of the computer. Selinux problem maybe?

Jim

--
If at first you don't succeed, get a job with Microsoft.
  -- Gareth Barnard