Re: apache 2.0 fedora core 4 everything is forbiden

Simon Andrews wrote:
Christoph Wickert wrote:

Am Freitag, den 22.07.2005, 18:22 -0400 schrieb Jim Cornette:

Steven J Lamb wrote:

of my pages get a 403 forbidden error.

I bet it is SELinux and Steven did not even read the core 4 release
notes ;-)

@Steven: Ether turn of SELinux protection for apache (with
system-config-securitylevel)

I went through this a while back when I changed the location of the DocRoot. After trying to give the new files the same context as the original /var/www I gave up and decided to disable selinux. However this was on a box without X installed so I had to use system-config-securitylevel-tui which doesn't have the options to disable selinux for a particular service (I ended up turning it off altogether). Can anyone tell me how to manually disable selinux just for apache?

# setsebool -P httpd_disable_trans 1

See "man httpd_selinux"

You might find a less drastic solution to whatever issue you're having there too.

Paul.