Re: ntpd problems

--On Saturday, July 23, 2005 12:55 PM +0100 Sharon Kimble <skimble04@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have the following entries appearing in my 'XNTPD' section of my
logwatch  output;-

logwatch isn't supposed to be a debug log. It just summarizes stuff from the "real" logs so you don't have to dig through them to find anomalies. Once logwatch turns up something interesting, you need to look at the original logs to see what was going on. For this case, I'd suggest grepping /var/log/* for one of the messages (eg. "grep sendto /var/log/*"). You can then see the message in the context of other messages around the same time.

Where do I find the configuration file that lists these

It's called "source code". ;) If I get a message I don't understand, I unpack the source and go hunting....