What is GTK or xorg-x11-sdk?

I am trying to configure and make a driver (wacom) which seems to require something called "GTK". I looked around the internet for what it is and if there were RPMs I could download. However, I couldn't determine exactly what it was. It seems to have something to do with Xorg, and I thought I saw there was a YUM repository called xorg-x11-sdk, but I'm a bit confused. Is GTK a development environment for the Gnome desktop?

The wacom driver builder will not make a wacom.o or wacom.ko file without GTK, or so it seems.

Dave