Re: GNOME vs. KDE

On Sun July 24 2005 2:42 pm, Dotan Cohen wrote:

> When you log in, you can select which desktop. If you select one that
> is not the default, you will be asked if you want to make it the
> default. That is the easiest way.

Except that this feature often doesn't work. You set the default, and it comes
back as Gnome the next time you boot. In fact, on every system I've built,
this has been the case. So, if it doesn't work, you can use the menu item to
switch default desktops or the 'switchdesktop' command from a root prompt.
--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA