Greeting or Gnome Crashing FC4

Title: Message
Hi,

I downloaded and installed the ISO FC4-i386-DVD.iso on hardware ABIT NF7 with 1GB Ram and a 200 GB Seagate HD. Motherboard has onboard graphics.
I had to install FC in text mode as the Graphical install wizard kept on crashing. The OS is installed , I get to the log in screen which allows me to log on then Gnome crashes back to logon screen so does KDE.
Also the final configuration wizard crashes.

ANyone have any ideas what I can do to fix this , or is this a CR issue ?

Thanks
Avron