Re: ati-fglrx-8.14.13.1-0.lvn.5.4

On Saturday 23 July 2005 11:24 am, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Am Montag, den 18.07.2005, 11:49 -0400 schrieb Jack Howarth:
> >      Does anyone understand how the livna fglrx rpms are supposed to
> > handle the symlink for /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.so.1?
>
> Yes. The maintainer of those packages (me) ;)

Thorsten: Parenthetically, I did solve my issue, and you may find it of
interest. It was a simple fix, though it took a bit of sucking in of my
stomach. If you search on my name on this list, you can see the details of
the messages I was getting. They had to with a crippled GUI for the ATI
driver settings interface indicating FireGL problems, and, I believe, the 3D
was not working. I'm not knowledgeable enough to speak completely coherently
about it. But, what I did was run
/usr/X11R6/bin/fglrxconfig as root. I had read warnings about this being able
to cause serious problems, so I was very careful, and figured out how I was
going to back out if I didn't get it right (not such a big deal). There are
lots of settings in there that are not documented with comments or anything
else. I mostly took defaults, and took the screen reso settings from my
current xorg.conf file. And it worked. My ATI configuration GUI now displays
all settings properly without errors, and 3D performance is dramatically
improved.

--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA