Re: Monitor bandwidth usage for each computer in LAN

On Thursday 21 July 2005 16:43, Reuben D. Budiardja wrote:
<snip>

Thanks for all the replies.
So I think to summarize (correct me if I am wrong), I can use:
- MRTG, with SNMP enables on all the boxes (which so far all running FC 3 /
4), or let MRTG query a managed switch (which I don't have)
- ipac-ng, as long as there's a one box acting as a router
- cacti. I will check that out this week end
- ntop, running separately on each box, or data can be collected from one box
if there were a box acting as a router.

It seems that the easiest for me right now is to run ntop separately. I am
however, in the future planning to have a box acting as a bridge behind the
D-Link combo router, than connect the bridge with a switch. Will that work
with ipac-ng or ntop if I put it on that bridge ? Still in that case, I am
not sure what to do with the wireless connection, since the AP is the D-Link
router... hmm....

Thanks again all,
Reuben D. Budiardja