Re: Thunderbird Dictionaries

(Aesux) wrote:

En/na (Aesux) ha escrit:

Hi,

I've migrated from Ubuntu to FC4. I'll like to taste it.
Now I'm finishing to tune it.
I've a problem installing additional dictionaries for thunderbird.
I try to install Spanish and Catalan dictionaries throw the extensions menu. It seems the process go fine. But when I restart thunderbird there is no new dictionary installed.

Any idea, any suggestion?

I've tested to start thunderbird from a gnome-terminal throw sudo (root rights). I've installed again the dictionaries.

After restarting thunderbird as normal user, now I've the dicts installed. Is this correct. Do I have to install that dicts as root?

Thanks

Basically, yes. Otherwise the dictionary files can't be written to disc and the install fails silently.

Peter