Re: Catharsis - slowly my FC4 world crumbles around me

Dave Gutteridge wrote:

I doubt you really want to wait another 5-6 months

Oh, I misunderstood the schedule.

Okay, so... is wiping the partition and starting fresh going to be a likely improvement over trying to make FC4 work?

Dave

As I see it your options are:

1) Stay with Windows only (yuck!)
2) Wipe Linux partions , and reinstall FC4 fresh (and if this will only be a desktop machine, disable SELinux) and as soon as your install is done, ensure you can access the internet then update the entire system by using the command `yum -y update` once that is done, reboot, and start tacking each piece of hardware at a time from crictical to least critical to ensure that everything it working. Use this list along with google to solve your idividual problems and document them. 3) Wipe fresh and install FC3. Personally FC4 works alot better than FC3. But that's for me. 4) Purchase a copy of a Linux distro where you get your monies worth in support etc. which hopefully the devs there will be more inclinded to solve your probs.