Re: festival

On Thu, Jul 21, 2005 at 12:18:14AM -0300, Luis A. Florit wrote:
> 	I saw you made some RPM's for festival:
> 		http://www.mattdm.org/misc/festival/

Those are the basis for the current FC4 RPM -- I really should remove them
from my site.

> I realized that this rpms are huge! Which is the difference?

They're about the same size as the FC4 ones; a few megabytes bigger than
FC3. If I had included the multisyn voices, though, they would have been
another 250MB bigger.

> I am looking for extra voices, specially spanish.
> The "el_diphone" that comes with festival is ugly!
> I have festival-1.95-3 installed in a fully updated FC4.
> I tried to compile the OGI's, but failed (GCC4 issue?).
> I looked for HTS, but no spanish...
>
> 	Could you please give me some URL where I can download
> more spanish/english voices? You said in fedora-list that
> there are extra voices (100MB)...

There's several voices that aren't available under a free license.
Currently, even the ellpc11k Castilian Spanshi speaker isn't included, since
there's questions about its license. The *only* free voices I am aware of
are the very large English-language ones mentioned above. We can't even
include the British English voices, since those have too-restrictive
licenses.

If you are able to locate any others, please do let me know, but I think
that's it.

--
Matthew Miller           mattdm@xxxxxxxxxx        <http://www.mattdm.org/>