Extend Software RAID

Hi all,

I have a software RAID-5 on FC3 box using three disks and utility mdadm. I want to add another disk and extend my partition (ext3) without having to backup, re-create RAID and restore data. I want to do it online if it’s possible, but I’m able to unmount the partition if it’s necessary. At this time, I do not have LVM partition on top of my RAID. Do I need to create LVM partition to be able to extend the partition?

So I’m looking for a working receipt to make this done.

Anyone have an idea?

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Yanick