Re: HylaFAX compatible fax modem that works in FC3

Greetings from: "The Horse Capitol Of The World"
Amal Phadke wrote:

On Wed, Jul 20, 2005 at 03:22:04PM -0400, taharka wrote:
Howdy,
Danny Terweij wrote:

From: "taharka" <res00vl8@xxxxxxxxxx>

Can anyone suggest a hardware based PCI fax modem that works
with HylaFAX and which is also compatible with Fedora Core 3?
Thanks,
Amal

Yep, have a look at the Unix/Linux certified PCI modes from Multi-Tech
System, Inc. (multitech.com). No comparison ;-) If it doesn't work for
your application, you can get a full refund.

taharka
I use E-tech Bullet modem E56K (rockwell chipset). No problems with it.
All class1/2 (fax)modems are supported according to Hylafax software.
It just needs the serial port.. i did attatched it to ttyS0 and used that
too in the configs.

Danny.

This appears to be an external modem. It is my understanding the OP is looking for a PCI modem, which makes it internal.

taharka

Lexington, Kentucky U.S.A.

That's correct! I am looking for a hardware-based internal PCI
modem. I could have gone for an external modem if I had a spare serial
port. The only serial port on my box has APC UPS attached. I am not
sure if a USB modem would work with FC3 and HylaFAX. Any suggestions?

OK, the Multi-Tech "MT 5634ZBA-USB" is a class 1/2 fax modem & is known to work with Red hat 7.2 & above. Another poster mentioned that, all class 1/2 (fax) modems are supported according to Hylafax software. So, I see no reason why the MT 5634ZBA-USB wouldn't work with Hylafax. Are you located in the U.S.? If not, where are you located?

I checked out Multitech modems at their website. It looks good. The
modems suppport both Fax class 1 and 2 protocols.

Yes indeed, ten year warranty & free lifetime technical support :-)

Thank you all for your help.

You're welcome. If I can help you further, let me know.

Best regards,

Amal

Skol!!

taharka