Re: Is there an FTP client?

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005, jdow wrote:

I just went out and got ncftp for myself. The ftp client that fedora
includes is enough to make a person lose her supper. It is REALLY
definitively dreadful to try to use. I have no idea what the bozoids
who replaced ncftp with this other garbage were thinking of. (gftp
will not even run from the command line. You MUST use its GUI version.
And I happen to prefer the command line. That is why I still have a
little place in my black book for "David Cary Hart" and his reply to
a command line issue I have with FC4. His response was snotty and
unresponsive. For gosh sakes this is Linux not an Apple product where
I expect that "do it our way or don't do it at all" attitude.)

Does ncftp do something lftp will not?? I have not used ncftp since Red Hat put
lftp in and rm'd ncftp but I have not missed it either. For me lftp seems to
work just fine. I do agree how ever about gftp being a waste of space though.

Just wondering.

Regards,

Tom