Re: Is there an FTP client?

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005, Dan Track wrote:

Hi

Ever since fedora removed "ncftp" (excellent client) I  have been
baffled as to what client to use instead. The new lftp client is
completely weird, it doesn't react naturally (or I'm just not a great
learner). At the moment two things frustrates me the most. First is
that I can't upload files from a directory using wildcards e.g put
file*, it spews out an error saying "file*" not found, is there a way
to activate this?

Second I can't upload a directory, there isn't any option for a "put
-r", is there any easy way to do this once you have logged into the
ftp server.

There's lots of FTP clients available, have you tried gFTP, that one seems fine to me.