Re: OT: grep for hex characters

fergus wrote:

And please try to avoid posting HTML too.

Oh sorry. I guessed as it was accepted, it was probably permitted.

It is generally accepted etiquette to lurk on an echo for at least
a couple of weeks before posting, to learn the ropes.

For Goodness' sake stop lecturing. I've been here for weeks. It was a
slip - they happen. I got the message the first time, and said (see
above) Sorry.

Check your attributes. I've only sent one message.

It is also
generally accepted to ASK in the first post where to find the
FAQ or list rules.

Pull yourself together. If everybody did that, the list would be
inundated with the same question, tediously repeated.
If everybody did that, we wouldn't have to tediously repetitiously ask people
not to use HTML.

Thanks everybody who helped so kindly and effectively with the technical
aspects of my query.

If you had lurked a little while, you'd have noticed that I'm one of the
ones who try to provide some useful information.

And I realize that slips happen. I had nothing to say about the multiple
posts.

Mike