Re: Use of sensors

Alexander Dalloz wrote:

Am Di, den 19.07.2005 schrieb Mike McCarty um 22:02:

I just did, and created an /etc/modules.conf with just the lines
below in it.

Don't you have an /etc/init.d/lm_sensors init script which reads in
/etc/sysconfig/lm_sensors? Which modules to be loaded should be defined
in there.

# ls -l /etc/init.d/lm_sensors
ls: /etc/init.d/lm_sensors: No such file or directory

WARNING! If you have some things built into your kernel, the list above
will contain too many modules. Skip the appropriate ones! You really should
try these commands right now to make sure everything is working properly.
Monitoring programs won't work until it's done.

How can I tell which are built in? And which file should I put those
commands into?

The Fedora kernel has kernel components as modules wherever it makes
sense as where possible. You can check in /boot/config-<kernel-versiony>

That thing is 54KB on my system. I'm not going to try to read the whole thing.
But I'll try looking for that stuff only.

Thanks.

Mike