Re: How to set default gateway

Hanny Tidore wrote:
For the /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-interfacename, do I
specify at ifcfg-bond0 only or do I also need to specify at ifcfg-eth1
and ifcfg-eth2 ?

You specify the netmask for the network interfaces you are using, which would be eth0 and bond0. The two may be different.

For /etc/sysconfig/network, do I have to specify the netmask of the
default gateway ?

The default gateway is the IP address of the router that forwards packets to places you don't have explicit routes for. It's a single address, not a network, and so it does not have a netmask. When you specify a gateway, a default route will be set up with destination 0.0.0.0, netmask 0.0.0.0 and your specified gateway address. You don't need to specify anything else.

P.S. Please do not top-post on this mailing list.

Paul.