Automounting a Windows Share

Hello,

I have a linux machine (Fedora Core 2) and a Windows
XP machine. I have an mp3 collection on the XP
machine, that I would like to make available to the
linux machine.

I can use the following mount command and successfully
mount the drive:

mount.cifs //MACHINE/mp3_org mp3/ -o password=

I would like to have this drive automounted, so that
when I reboot the Windows machine (every few days) I
don't have to mount the drive manually from the linux
machine.

I read a few HOWTO's but did not have much luck.

I did edit the /etc/auto.master file and added the
following line:

/auto   /etc/auto.misc  --timeout=30

Then I created the /auto directory and created in it a
directory called mp3/, as the mount point for the
automount.

Then I went into the /etc/auto.misc file and added the
following entry:

 mp3  -fstype=smbfs,password= ://MACHINE/mp3_org

I saved everything, restarted autofs, but I cannot
automount the drive.

I think I am just stuck on the proper syntax of the
statement in the auto.misc file, but I am stumped.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Phil Vecchione
E-Mail:  dnaphil@xxxxxxxxx
Web: www.dnaphil.com
"In such extreme circumstances, the law is by definition inadequate. To shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law, to pursue natural justice. This is not vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive - it is an emotional response." --The Punisher

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs