Core 4 installation on an old Gateway

Hi,

I burned the ISO images to CD, and they worked on my newer machine, but the old Gateway would not read them off its CD-ROM drive. I tried making the boot diskette (changing the boot sequence accordingly), but that wouldn't work on either machine ("boot failed")

I tried changing the default boot sequence on the Gateway to an external RW CD drive, but none of the options in the BIOS seemed to refer to the external drive. I tried FLOPTICAL, SCSI device, with no luck.

The CD-ROM on the Gateway *did* read the ISO boot from a previous FreeBSD distribution, and still does, so it may not be the drive itself.

Any help would be appreciated.

H.