Re: Fedora 4 Error in Transaction while setting Up Updates;

At 2:31 PM +0200 7/17/05, Levin Fritz wrote:
>Hello Mirco,
>in general, mixing too many repositories is not a good idea, because the
>more repositories you use, the more likely there's some sort of conflict
>between them. In particular,
>
>* don't mix Livna and Freshrpms/Dag. They provide a lot of the same
>packages but the maintainers don't work together so there's a high
>chance of conflicts. You should either enable Livna and disable
>Freshrpms and Dag or disable Livna and enable Freshrpms and Dag.

Since I don't really understand it myself and would like to know: is it
safe to do yum installs from mutually incompatible repos by enabling only
one of them at a time?

How well does using smartpm do to avoid such troubles?  (Modulo such
packages being added later to a high priority repo such as extras and the
confusion that will result.)