Re: Yum dependancy problem for multimedia-extras

On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 15:41:22 +0300, Dotan Cohen wrote:

> We certainly don't need ANOTHER media player, but we need a good media
> player! I have a large mp3 collection, and I am dependant upon a media
> library. Amarok's media library with not dispay hebrew, so I am stuck
> (in the meantime) with the harddisk with the music (20 gig) on my
> wife's windows box and playing music in Windows Media Player 10. Need
> I stress how bad I want it on my box?!? If I can't build Juk, then can
> someone reccomend to me a media player with a good library function?

As an update here, current spec file for kdemultimedia in Core is broken
with regard to building Juk. Additionally, it would not just need
taglib-devel from Extras as a build dependency, but libtunepimp-devel,
which is neither included in Core nor Extras.

I think it would be a plan for a package maintainer with interest in Juk
to get it (and additional build requirements) included in Extras as a
package named "juk". It could build from the same patched kdemultimedia
source tarball as included in Core.