Re: Can't find eth0 - Why???

Lars-Åge wrote:
What do you get with: ifconfig -a
-----Original Message-----
From: fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Leandro Melo
Sent: 13. juli 2005 23:07
To: fedora-list
Subject: Can't find eth0 - Why???

Hi.
For some reason (which I don't know), when I booted my FC2 this
morning I got a message that my ethernet card (eth0) couldn't be
found. So, if I try to activate eth0, I just get the

interface 'eth0' not found
interface 'eth0' not found
interface 'eth0' not found
via-rhine device eth0 does not seem to be present, delaying initialization.

Does it appear in lspci?  If so, is the correct module loaded?
Is there an entry for it in /etc/modules.conf?

The weird thing is that I didn't make any hardware change in my pc. My
ethernet card doens't seem to have any problem either. In fact, I'm
using this same ethernet card for my internet connection through
windows xp (I have dual boot in my computer).
Can anyone give a help on this?

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome@xxxxxxx