Re: FC4 boot.log no longer being written to

Ben Roberts wrote:

 The last messages in my boot.log are

 sshd: sshd -TERM succeeded sshd: succeeded xinetd: xinetd -HUP
 succeeded

 I saw somewhere on google groups that someone mentioned that boot
 logs are now written to anaconda.log but surely that can't be the
 case !!

My anaconda log was last updated June 14th, so this must not be the case.

 My FC4 system is an upgrade from FC3 - it's also a remote system so I
 really would like the boot log working !!

I'll check for bugs related to the boot.log not working in Bugzilla. There might be some reason given as to if it was killed intentionally or the messages are now logged somewhere else. There was a reference to dmesg and to /var/log/messages commented as to where to check earlier in the discussion.

Jim

--
Journalism is literature in a hurry.
       -- Matthew Arnold