Re: Kudos to Kernel Developers!

Temlakos wrote:

...for their latest release of the Linux kernel.

Ever since I upgraded from FC3 to 4, one of my DVD titles has caused a kernel panic every time it tried to mount.

With this morning's release of Kernel 2.6.8.12-398, the kernel panic behavior stopped.

I don't know what those guys did, but whatever it was, I want to convey to them my heartfelt congratulations.

Now I have an additional thing to test for whenever I am offered a kernel update/upgrade.

Temlakos

I have had the same problem. Except I thought my cdrw drive was the problem. May it was the dvdrw afterwards. However, The problem seems to be gone since the update. The changelog did say that the problem should be fixed. I am still cautiously monitoring however, before I close my bug report.