Fedora and NTFS

Dear All

I have a linux box with the following configuration:
1 GB RAM
AMD athlon processor
MSI KM8 board
Western digital 80 MB SATA disk

I have split the HD in two partitions, one of which is 15 MB NTFS for Windows XP to live in.

Next, I tried to install fedora Core3. When I get to the partitioning step, for which I choose Disk Druid, the partitions scheme shows the NTFS partition, but it won´t allow to mount such partition. Instead,
the message "Not Apliccable" is displayed.

Then, my question is:
Do I have to change the NTFS partition to something like fat32?
Can´t fedora handle (recognize/mount/read/write) NTFS partitions?

Any help will be welcome

cheers

Antonio Barragan