[Fwd: FC4 install using ks=]

Sent earlier, but didn't see it hit group.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: FC4 install using ks=
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 15:21:31 -0400
From: Annonymous <nomail@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>

I have verified the integrity of the downloaded ISOs using shasum.  I
burned CD-Rs for each ISO.  I can boot from CD #1 but after formatting
the partition and numerous files into the install it says one file on
the CD is corrupt and I have to reboot.   I copied all the files from
the four CD images to a /home/me/Fedora directory on my RH 9.0 machine.
I modified /etc/exports for the new IP address, restarted NFS and
verified it was exported by issuing exportfs which displayed the name
from my DNS table.  I reboot from the CD this time entering
linux ks=nfs
at the boot prompt.  It asks me for the IP address of ETH0, default
gateway, netmask etc.  After I've entered all of that information it
errors out with
--kickstart: missing argument

I've run Ethereal on the server exporting the volume for the kickstart
install and it shows the new machine connecting.

I've also tried using ftp and http but those error out similarly.

Can someone shed more light on building a server using NFS, FTP or HTTP?
7

--
John Rowan
Rownetco, Inc.