Re: unnoficial packages of Open Office 2

Levin Fritz wrote:
<snip>
Seriously, OpenOffice 2 hasn't been released yet. Check out the
OpenOffice website: http://www.openoffice.org/ . The latest version is
1.9.m113.

Uh, then why is it part of FC4 (or at least in the yum updates for FC4)?

Well, the 1.9.x versions are also called "OpenOffice.org 2.0 Beta". So
there _is_ a beta version of OpenOffice 2 available, and it's included
in Fedora Core 4.

Ah!  I didn't really look at the release in detail...just relied on the
splash screen.  Also, I've only had FC4 up for a couple of days and
haven't had time to really tinker with it.
- Rick Stevens, Senior Systems Engineer     rstevens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -
-          When all else fails, try reading the instructions.        -