Re: Gcc not found

Hi,

On Mon, 2005-07-11 at 13:01 -0400, Juan wrote:
>  I am trying to install ngrep. I am using FC3 and when I do the configure I
> am getting : error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH.
> Can someone help me in solving this?
you need to install gcc (or another C compiler).

Unless you have a specific reason for compiling ngrep yourself, you're
probably better off installing it from RPMs, though. Dag has ngrep
packages for FC3:
http://dag.wieers.com/packages/ngrep/
You can install those through yum. If you don't know how to use yum,
check out this page:
http://www.fedorafaq.org/#installsoftware

By the way, when you send in a new topic, do not start by replying to an
existing message, but rather, start a new message to
"fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx". This keeps messages organized by thread, for
people who like to use threads (on high-volume mailing lists like this
one, threads can be a great convenience).
(I copied this paragraph from
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MailingListRules.)

Levin