Re: Using cyrus-imapd, and moving off dovecot...

Alexander Dalloz wrote:

Am Mo, den 11.07.2005 schrieb Philip Prindeville um 10:46:

Is it my imagination, or is the CYRUS_MAILER_PATH wrong for
x86_64 packaging?  I'm looking at /usr/share/sendmail-cf/mailer/cyrus.m4
where it says:

ifdef(`CYRUS_MAILER_PATH',, `define(`CYRUS_MAILER_PATH', /usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/deliver)')

but that should be /usr/lib64/... right?

Yes, but not be touching /usr/share/sendmail-cf/mailer/cyrus.m4. FC4's
sendmail.mc comes with pre-definitions for using Cyrus-IMAPd.

I'm running FC3 (unupdated, but I'll fix that shortly).

The problem seems to be related to using MAILER(cyrus) instead of
MAILER(cyrusv2).  Going to the latter fixed everything.

Also, is there an easy way to take old dovecot mailboxes from $USER/mail/
and push the contents into the Cyrus message store instead?

You can resend them using formail. Or move the mail to a different IMAP
server and when Cyrus-IMAPd is up, transfer them again.

Does formail require the mailbox (target) to be empty?  I looked at some
utility scripts in cyrus-imapd-utils and they all warn against clobbering
the mailbox if it isn't empty....

I had to apply the following trickery to /etc/mail/sendmail.mc to get things
to work...

***************
*** 160,164 ****
--- 162,176 ----
 dnl MASQUERADE_DOMAIN(localhost.localdomain)dnl
 dnl MASQUERADE_DOMAIN(mydomainalias.com)dnl
 dnl MASQUERADE_DOMAIN(mydomain.lan)dnl
+ define(`LOCAL_MAILER_PATH', `')dnl

Why that?

Because FEATURE(local_lmtp) tries to clobber it otherwise...

+ FEATURE(local_lmtp)dnl
+ define(`CYRUS_MAILER_PATH', `/usr/lib64/cyrus-imapd/deliver')dnl

You say first to use local_lmtp and then define to use deliver? You
better should use LMTP.

+ FEATURE(local_procmail)dnl
+ define(`LOCAL_MAILER_ARGS', `procmail -t -Y -a $h -d $u')dnl

Do you really intend to use Procmail? For filtering Cyrus-IMAPd comes
with Sieve.

I'm still trying to figure out how it all works together...  And what,
for instance,
is the way to get Spamassassin to integrate with Cyrus...

 MAILER(smtp)dnl
 MAILER(procmail)dnl
+ MAILER(local)dnl
+ MAILER(cyrus)dnl

Not correct, that must be mailer cyrusv2.

Yup.  Figured that out.

+ LOCAL_RULE_0
+ Rbb + $+ < @ $=w . >  $#cyrusbb $: $

More incorrect. That is very, very old syntax and obsolete. Probably you
copied entries you found in the www. Most of them are not correct as
outdated.

This actually came from the example in
/usr/share/sendmail-cf/cf/cyrusproto.mc ...

seems that this should be simpler.... more turn-key. Note the CYRUS_MAILER_PATH was overridden for the above problem. Not sure if I definitely need the local mailer or not... the MailerToTriple rule might require it... And I'm not sure I want root/postmaster mail going into the IMAP message store, instead of into a normal local mailbox, but I
haven't figured that one out yet...

Use the aliases file to send root's mail to a mortal mailbox user.

Using a MailerTriple syntax?

Also not sure where the '-t' in the original sendmail.mc definition for procmail was coming from... I grepped for it in /usr/share/sendmail-cf/*/* and couldn't find it!!!

You first have to decide how your whole mailer setup should be.

Well, I'm new to using procmail and Spamassassin.  Last time I worked with
MS's and MTA's, it was cyrus and postfix 7 years ago.  I'm sure things have
changed since then.

I'm open to suggestions.

I liked the way the system worked out of the box with Dovecot in that I
didn't
have to create users or mailboxes.  What I didn't like was the limited
capabilities
of Dovecot, like not having nested mailboxes...

-Philip

-Philip

Alexander