Re: Odd X problem with FC4

On 7/8/05, Ben Steeves <ben.steeves@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

This is a known bug.  Unfortunately, since it only seems to occur when
using the proprietary nvidia driver, there's no way for the xorg
maintainers to troubleshoot it.

The good news is that you can avoid the bug by turning of
"RenderAccel" in your xorg.conf file.

Hi,

I experience same problem on FC3 and FC4, but, when I replace default nvidia driver with commercial nvidia driver on FC3, problem disappear on FC3. I try the same on FC4 but no luck.
So, on FC4 I have freeze problem with both drivers. The problem is exactly the same as Alan described, I can ssh to machine when xorg is freezed, I can reboot, restart xorg... I also didn't find any errors or warnings in logs (Xorg.0.log, messages) or dmesg.

Alan, did you experience same problem also with default nvidia driver?

Anyway I will try without "RenderAccel" option.

regards bruma
In a world without barriers and fences, who wants windows and gates?