Re: powernow-k7 and smp enabled kernels

Dave Jones wrote:

On Sun, Jul 10, 2005 at 09:35:23PM -0400, Jim Cornette wrote:
> I recently tried several kernels which had smp support that were stock > from Fedora. The kernels did not work for managing my power features. > Therefore, I decided to see if downloading the source, making a config > file that supported my hardware. > My main question is if anyone has tried an smp kernel on a laptop for an > AMD processor with any success? Also, does the centrino for Intel > processors work when smp is enabled in the kernel?
> Thanks,
> Jim

The K7 powernow driver doesn't support SMP, as no SMP capable K7's had powernow.
The speedstep-centrino driver does support SMP, but I've never seen
any reports of whether it works ok or not.

		Dave

Thanks Dave!
The custom kernel that I compiled had the same issue with not working with powernow-k7. It was a good refresher for me to try to compile a kernel. The acpi poweroff feature worked with the custom version without any patches applied to the 2.6.12 source.

Jim

--
Genius is ten percent inspiration and fifty percent capital gains.