On 7/10/05, charles f. zeitler <cfzeitler@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> does fedora core 3,4 support
> nvidia'a nForce3 or nForce4
> chipsets out-of-the-box,
> or would i have to deal
> with extra (external) drivers?
>
> thanx
>
> cfzeitler

My nForce3 150 based laptop works quite well under FC4 (as it did with
3).  The only external driver (related to the motherboard) I installed
is the nVidia driver for my graphics card.  I think you will fine the
answer to be similar with other boards.  I wouldn't count on using any
RAID functions out-of-the-box.  I'd guess they are soft-RAID, but I
don't have any experience with the desktop boards.  I don't think
either would give you problems.  I'd suggest going with an nForce4 and
FC4 :).

Jonathan